Saturday, January 16, 2010

The beginning.....

Honestly I don't know what I'm doing here, here as in on this blog. I just watched the movie Julie and Julia and I thought it looked cool so I decided I wanted to do something like it. This summer I plan to attempt the impossible, well not the impossible but pretty close. I plan to do 100 of the famous Julia Child's recipes out of her cook book! Maybe there might be some copy right law against it, but it's not the same goal so I think it'll be okay. I'll admit Julia Powell did inspire me, and her goal to me does seem impossible. Though if she can accomplish the impossible, why can't I.

First things first: I need to buy a copy of Julia Child's cook book Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Second: I need to budget myself.

Third: I need to try to convince my friends to help me with this crazy idea.

Fourth: I need to read the book Julie and Julia and Julia Child's book My life in France
Fifth: I need to read Julia Child's biography and see if I could almost amount to her.

and Sixth: I need will power! Did Julia write anything about chocolate?


I leave you with a quote from Julia "Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." Julia Child

Thanks
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment